Tuesday, February 16, 2010

To blog or Not to blog....?

So. I have been contemplating this for some time now. I know a few people who have done what I am considering. People tell me it would be great motivation. Something I desperately need. Some even say I should do it. But should I? Creating a blog that would chronicle my journey to lose 100 lbs. Should I?

All of my life I have been concerned about my weight. I've decided that some people are just blessed to never have this be a concern of theirs while others it consumes almost every thought. As is my situation. Being younger, my thoughts were more about looking a certain way. With almost 27 years of life experiences and perspective, its about being healthy and being fit.

But no matter the thought, the motivation to do so hasn't seemed to kick in or want to stay. Over the past 2 years I have gained 100lbs. Sadly this is the 100lbs I lost almost 4 years ago. Yes. 100lbs. When I tell people I want to lose 100lbs they say, "oh no, you'd be too skinny". Come on. Either they are being extremely nice or they have taken a look at my bottom half. I really do have 100lbs to lose. If I lost 100lbs I would be in the correct weight range for my height. And I'm not talkin' the lower end, sadly.

So. Before I gain another pound to add to that 100, I need to find the motivation to get me started and something to keep me going cause it's going to be a long journey. Should I do it? Should I blog about my journey to lose 100lbs? Would you read this blog? Would you be the motivation I need?

6 comments:

  1. go for it. i did a weekly update last year, and i lost 15 pounds. it was great being accountable to the world. marriage added on the weight for me too. when i first mike i was size 6 and at my heaviest i was size 16. i need to get back to being more accountable, so i don't put that weight back on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course i would read it. you have been such a HUGE support for me on weight loss blog. losing weight isn't easy that is for sure, but with support and motivation you will do so good!!! i am behind ya 110%
    love ya:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say DO IT! And I just might follow in your footsteps. It would motivate me to read your blog and of course it would help you. Being accountable always does! LOve You! Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that it would interesting. I've also thought about doing this--but haven't. Cruz and I have been eating healthy and trying to be healthy (Lost +30lbs, have gained some back). We did really great until Christmas time hit. I have struggled to get back to eating healthy and going to the gym. I would say if it helps you stay on track, or if it helps you work harder... then it would be worth the time. BUT... you could always give it a try and see how it goes. Good luck on your journey. You've done it before, you can do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smelly! I would totally read and support! I am trying to blog about it too.. but don't find enough time :) My biggest motivation right now is to be healthy and fit for Tristen and my family. I want to be able to run around everywhere with him, take him swimming, take him hiking, etc.. I want to get in shape before our 2nd baby, then losing the baby weight wont be as hard. I weigh more now than I ever have. I even weighed less when I was pregnant, and after I gave birth. Since January we have been on a kick, eating better, and fitting in as much exercise as we can. I've only lost 9lbs, I have a ways to go to reach my goal. You can do it Mel, and I support you 100% :)

    P.S. I MISS you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course I will read your blog and support you all of the way! I think doing it and letting it all out there would be so great and even help you through it all. I am also trying to lose weight my end goal is to lose 35 lbs but I would love to lose 25 lbs which would put me at the weight I was when I got married. Like Kristen it's not about looks anymore (although I would love if my momma squishy belly didn't hang over my pants)but more about being healthy and I want to lose the weight so I can be ready for baby #2 and feel healthier and stronger.
    Go for it Mel everyone is here for you and you can be here for us too!
    ps I'm going to email you about this cool program that we are doing through my work that you might be interested in.

    ReplyDelete