Thursday, October 21, 2010

What's Going On...

We have had a lot of things going on these past few months. I guess it is time to catch everyone up with what's going on. I am still student teaching but counting down the days til I am done in December. Danny is so busy with going to school full time and working full time. We hardly see each other, a few min each morning and then on Saturdays and Sundays. I am so grateful for such a hard working husband. He is so wonderful.
We had the wonderful blessing to be sealed for eternity in the Provo Temple this past Saturday. It was an awesome experience and we are still relishing in the feelings. I am so grateful for the wonderful friends and family that shared in that special moment with us. We were also recently called to serve together as the 9 year old teachers in primary. I am really excited about this and think it will be loads of fun. There are 13 of them. I hope we can keep them under control.
Also.....we are going to be having a BABY!!! Yep. May 25th is the big day. I was going to wait a little longer to tell people but the other day a few of my students were giggling and kept looking at me and then they would giggle again so I asked what was so funny, is my zipper down or something? They just continued to giggle (high school girls) and one of them finally said, "I heard you are having a baby". And she did not say this very quietly, so the whole class turned to look at me. At first I wanted to lie but I final said, "and how did you hear that". She wouldn't confess, but I am pretty sure I know who she got it from. Anyways, by the end of the period I was bombarded with every question in the book, "what are you going to name it", "do you want a boy or a girl", "when are you due" and so on.
So I guess if my students know, the rest of the world can too. So, it is true. We are having a baby!
And that is what's going on. That and a whole lot of nausea, heartburn, and sleepiness!

8 comments:

  1. I thought you were from your Facebook status. Congrats. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Melanie! The heartburn, nausea and sleep less nights are well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought so too from your facebook status. Congratulations. You will both make awesome parents. I'm so excited for you. Can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl!! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is funny about your students!

    It was great to be at your sealing, I loved seeing you and Danny in the temple along with almost all of our family. Grandma will be so proud! You're the best. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I am so excited for you guys for being pregnant and going through the temple! I'm sure it was a wonderful experience!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Madi is dying to meet her new little friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Melanie. Being a mom is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You will be a wonderful mother. Congratulations, sister/friend.

    ReplyDelete